Although I have had nowhere near enough sleep lately (four hours in the 36 hours ending last night), I have had a terrific last few days. I worked Thursday, just a short 4 hour shift, but it was filled with angst because I had to coordinate afterschool for my daughter with someone else’s schedule and figure out a way to pick her up before my friend MB had to run off and do things of her own. Then we went to the annual “Parade of Lights”, Athens’ holiday parade. HUZZAH! Then I had a contest entry I tried to finish in time, except at the last minute (literally!) I found out they had closed the contest several hours early. I was not pleased. Not so huzzah! I was displeased enough, in fact, that I fretted half the night. Slept two hours before having to get up again to get my daughter to school.
And round and round it goes.
Anyway, I woke up this morning after a refreshing 7 hours or so of sleep (HUZZAh!) and came to check out the blog, intending to post before the day got busy again. My aunt and uncle, whom I haven’t seen in nearly 7 years (or is it 8?) are coming over today, and the place is a MESS. I mean it’s a “Does a slob live here?” mess. Toys everywhere, stuff on the floor that started on a surface of some kind, and oh yeah those surfaces are *still* covered with stuff, floors that need vaccuming and cleaning, laundry (clean and in bags, or dirty and just strewn about) taking up visual space and making me feel guilty every time I walk by it… the list goes on and on.
In short, I had meant to post something short and sweet. Instead, I find The Brown Study got an award! HUZZAH! That’s right, Lindsey over at Rewind Revise gave me the “Liebster Award“. Quoting from the originating site:
“Liebster” is a German word meaning dearest and the award is given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.
Awww…feel the love people, feel the love!
This is how it works:
- Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
- Reveal your Top 5 blogs (with under 200 followers) and let them know by leaving comments on their blogs.
- Post the Award on your blog.
- Enjoy the love of some of the most supportive people on the Internet.
Simple, right? Cool! So, here’s the award. If you are one of my choices, you can download it from https://jaguwar.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/liebster-award1.jpg
My current problem is that I only have 4 blogs already bookmarked here who have less than 200 followers (Sorry, Single Dad Laughing, you’re already wildly popular, and with good reason!). Ironically, I’ve commented on several blogs I’m sure were relatively unknown. However, I have subscribed to quite a few. All I need is to mention another: no one said they had to be NaBloPoMo participants, after all. Therefore, without further ado, here are my top 5:
- My Life in an Alternate Reality. First of all, what a great title! Second, she has the kind of sense of humor I like: open, honest, and firmly tongue in cheek when it comes to her every day life.
- When Cows Cry. This blog is from the spouse of “Alternate Reality”‘s author. I first followed him because I realized he had replied to one of his wife’s posts. The results were hysterical, and thoroughly therapeutic. Although I had felt sympathy for her plight, his response made me see the other side, and had me in stitches. I still think she was right, but his motives don’t seem quite as sinister anymore…
- The Momma Hen. This stay-at-home-mom caught my interest in her “Bedtime Yoga” post because I remembered those days, and her writing style made me giggle. Go check her out!
- Have Stroller Will Travel. Again, what a GREAT name! Also, I was amused to find her using my new favorite word on Day 30 of NaBloPoMo. She made it all the way through the month, and celebrated with a HUZZAH! Serendipity? Maybe not, but this is me high-fiving her ^5 and giving a great big HUZZAH! \\o/ (arms straight up in the air) in celebration. Well done! Anyway, I first found her “Pay It Forward” project and was hooked. She tries to find the good in all things, and pay it forward.
- Athens Talking Head. Ok, full disclosure. This is the blog operated by my “Brother-from-another-mother”, one of my best friends in the whole wide world, my go-to guy, a man with a heart of gold. He started NaBloPoMo but missed in the second week, which I think is really too bad. He also happens to be a terrific writer, blending personal commentary with journalistic observations on the world around him. Even if I didn’t love him, I would still like and appreciate his blog.
These are my top 5 unknowns. Take a look at their work, see if you agree, then pass it on: who are your top 5 unkowns? Let them know, let us know, and give a great big \o/ HUZZAH!